FREE: 5 SECRETS TO FAST HEALTHY DINNERS
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Last year I made a slow cooker turkey breast on repeat, but this fall I wanted something a little quicker, so since I’ve been making a lot of air fryer recipes lately, I decided to try turkey breast in the air fryer. And it’s awesome! This air fryer turkey breast recipe is tender and juicy, and the skin is golden and crispy. It’s easy to make and you’ll use just 5 simple ingredients!
Cooking a turkey breast in an air fryer sure is a great option for a smaller piece of turkey, but if you’re cooking a whole turkey for a bigger crowd, try herb butter roasted turkey instead.
Can You Cook A Turkey Breast In An Air Fryer?
Yes, and cooking a turkey breast in the air fryer is a great way to make it. It cooks evenly, quickly, and you’ll get the brownest, crispiest skin!
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Turkey Breast Recipe
- Savory turkey flavor infused with garlic and fresh herbs
- Tender, juicy turkey breast with crispy skin
- Takes just 10 minutes to prep
- Cooks in an hour
- Saves precious oven space
- Perfect for smaller Thanksgiving dinner
Ingredients For Seasoning Turkey Breast
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for air fryer bone-in turkey breast, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Turkey breast – The best air fryer turkey breast is made with bone-in whole turkey breast, which will be the most flavorful. But, boneless turkey breast (which usually has a net around it) will also work, sometimes with a different cook time. This recipe assumes a larger turkey breast that’s about 5 pounds; most are 3-5 pounds, so cook time will be slightly shorter if yours is smaller.
- Olive oil – Or avocado oil.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Fresh Herbs – I used fresh rosemary and thyme. Chopped sage leaves would also be delicious! If all you have is dried herbs, you can use those, but use 1 teaspoon of the dried seasonings for each tablespoon of fresh.
- Garlic – We’re using whole cloves, so use fresh garlic. I don’t recommend substituting garlic powder or jarred garlic here.
How To Cook A Turkey Breast In An Air Fryer
This section shows how to make air fryer turkey breast with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Season. Pat the skin dry with paper towels. Rub turkey breast with olive oil, then sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, rosemary, and thyme. Place garlic cloves under the skin and on top.
TIP: Preheat the air fryer. Just a few minutes is fine, it doesn’t take as long as the oven, but it does help crisp the turkey skin.
- Air fry. Place the turkey breast skin side down into the air fryer. Cook until halfway done, then flip and cook until the skin is golden and crispy, and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F with a instant read thermometer. (Recommended cook times are below.)
- Rest. Remove the turkey breast from air fryer basket and let rest for at least 10-20 minutes before carving.
- Slice. After resting, slice the turkey breast lengthwise. I serve mine with low carb gravy!
How Long To Cook Turkey Breast In The Air Fryer?
As a rule of thumb, turkey breast in the air fryer will take about 12 minutes per pound. For a 5-pound turkey breast, that is approximately an hour.
Even though it’s not what you would expect, boneless turkey breast might take a bit longer than the bone-in turkey breast.
Use the timing guide as a rule of thumb, but the best way to check is by using a probe thermometer, as cooking time will vary depending on the weight and shape of the meat.
Can You Cook Frozen Turkey Breast In The Air Fryer?
Cooking frozen turkey can result in undercooked and overcooked spots, so it’s not recommended. If you are air frying a turkey breast that is frozen, thaw it first in water on the counter, or in the fridge overnight.
- Store: Store leftover turkey breast in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Reheat: Reheat turkey in the air fryer or the oven at 350 degrees F, just until heated through. To make it more juicy, heat in the oven with some broth, covered in foil.
- Freeze: You can freeze cooked turkey meat for 2-3 months. (Take the meat off the bone before freezing.)
What To Serve With Air Fryer Turkey Breast
While mashed potatoes and stuffing may be traditional sides, I prefer to serve this air fry bone-in turkey breast with one of these healthy side dishes:
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
If you love this air fryer turkey breast recipe, you might also love some of my other easy air fryer recipes:
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Air Fryer Turkey Breast Recipe
The BEST turkey breast in the air fryer! This air fryer turkey breast recipe (bone-in or boneless) has juicy, tender meat and crispy, golden skin.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
Use paper towels to pat the turkey dry. Rub the olive oil all over the turkey breast. Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, rosemary, and thyme.
Place the garlic pieces under the turkey skin and on top of the turkey.
Place the turkey breast in the air fryer and cook for about 25 minutes.
Flip the turkey over and cook for 25-30 minutes more, until skin is golden brown and crispy and internal temperature is 165 degrees F (74 degrees C) using a probe thermometer.
Serving size: ~6-8 oz cooked turkey, or 1/4 of entire recipe
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.
Total Carbs 3.2g
Net Carbs 2.7g
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂